Lisa Cash: Nashville Star?

nashville_star_logo.jpeg

I have several blog posts in my head, waiting until I have a little time to put them on. So they’re coming soon, in case you’ve been sorely disappointed by our silence as of late! (Sorry, we’ve had houseguests for most of the month!)

But I have some interesting/weird news. I auditioned on base recently for a spot on the talent competition coming to NBC this coming summer called Nashville Star. I’ve never even seen the show. And to be quite honest, I’m not the biggest country music fan in the world.But ya’ll know I love to sing! So I did it, and it was fun. Well, I made the top 3 at our base and my video was forwarded to the States for selection of a wordlwide top 10 among all the military bases in the world. I didn’t think a had a fat (or skinny) chance of making it to the Top 10. But I did. Just found out a couple days ago. So they are flying me from Japan to Richmond, Virginia to compete for the one U.S. military spot on next season’s “Nashville Star.” Now just to keep it real, I REALLY don’t think I’ll do super-awesome at this next phase of the competition! But it will be FUN, FUN. FUN, and I happened to have already planned a trip to the States that weekend and the whole previous week, so now my airfare is free (except I’m taking that little weeklong excursion to Tulsa before the competition on April 11th). Thoughts? Chime in, people! And don’t be shy to tell me what country song you think I should sing!

This entry was posted in Blog, Lisa's Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Lisa Cash: Nashville Star?

1. Nice writing style. I will come back to read more posts from you.

Susan Kishner

2. Ryan Ramey says:

THAT IS SO FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So will you sing country songs?

3. Brooke says:

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! You go, girl! You must sing “Jesus Take the Wheel,” of course! (I don’t know any country songs but I’ve heard that one and it is great!)

4. Maria :) says:

Hey Lis! You have star quality! Now you finally get to show it to a larger audience! WOW! The best of luck to you! So exciting. You better keep your blog posted with updates while you are competing! Love U -M

5. Matt Parsley says:

I think you should sing “Bubba Shot the Jukebox”. Or, may I suggest, instead of “Jesus Take the Wheel” you should sing “Cletus Take the Reel” (I think that’s the redneck version.)
    I’m sorry, I just have a hard time being serious about country music. But that’s really cool!

6. Starr says:

This is so cool. You know country music is great fun to sing!!! What did you sing for your audition by the way?

7. Grandpa $ says:

Grandma and I recommend “Rocky Top”, but we’re biased…
    But seriously folks, Candee will be submitting a good recommendation.

8. candyce says:

I knew you’d be shining on a big stage one day! Congrats! Looks like most of your friends are not country fans, however your sis-inlaw is! My serious recommendation is The River, by Garth Brooks. My funny recommendation is A Boy Named Sue, by the great and late Johnny Cash. Best of luck…Love, Candee

9. Teri Clanton says:

I talked to some country fans at work. They suggested something that will showcase your range and something upbeat so that the judges will be entertained. However, here are their suggestions (even if they aren’t upbeat and don’t have a broad range-to give you options):

I’m Gonna Getcha Good by Shania Twain
    Down in Mississippi by Sugarland
    Ready to Run by Dixie Chicks
    Kerosene by Miranda Lambert

Their suggestions for artists to check out:

Terry Clark
    Little Big Town
    Sara Evans

Good luck!! I’m so excited for you!! See you soon. Love you! 🙂

10. T. Rae says:

Hi Lisa,
    “Jesus take the wheel” gets my vote as it doesn’t detract from your faith walk like many of the songs about fornicating, alchohol abuse, adultery, etc. I did check the Garth Brooks “The River” lyrics and he does make a reference to the “Good Lord” in the song so it is also a good choice from a trusted friend and relative. Good luck. Maybe this will be a cross over opportunity – make it big in that venue and Glorify the Lord where He puts you! Love to you all.

11. Allison says:

Wow, I’m so excited for you! I can’t say I’m a big Carrie Underwood fan like all your other friends seem to be. I LOVE Alison Kraus, Sara Evans, The Dixie Chics and Gretchen Wilson(?) though! Sorry, I can’t think fast enough to remember any specific upbeat and various pitch songs.
    Many Blessings!

12. Gary Buckaloo says:

Congrats Lisa!! I will see you there.

13. Kevin says:

Don’t know if this is country enough but what about “I’ll fly away” and do it the way Allison Krause does instead of Jars of Clay. Her version is much better.
    Or you should ask Kristen about a song she sang at Church called “Letters from Home” – there will not be a dry eye in the house…

14. Gary Buckaloo says:

Hey Lisa,

How are you? Just checking in to see if you have the island voting for Tommy. I am so happy one of us made it. It is a treasured memory to have been a part of it and I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you and the rest of the finalists. Have you heard from anyone else? I tried a couple of times to get a hold of Andy but I’ve had no luck. Well, need to run. Take care and God bless

Gary

15. Pingback: cashclanjapan.com » Lessons From First Class Cabin

16. Alex says:

Your blog is interesting!

Keep up the good work!