The Big Announcement

its-a-boy.jpg

We are happy to announce that the new little person joining our household in March will be of the male persuasion. Admittedly, Claire and I were hoping for another girly girl to dress up, but we are really excited about another little dude to play with. I’ve got Claire convinced that there are definite advantages to being the one and only princess in the house. Plus, this might sound crazy, but I think this is God’s way of making sure we adopt little Naomi someday (she’s not born yet and it’s not time yet, obviously!). I think if this one were a girl, I’d be really tempted to be done.

We’re pretty sure that we’ve got the name–Samuel Taylor Cash. As in Samuel from the Bible, and Taylor after this guy who has long been an inspiration to both Keith and I. We’re gonna call him Sam, NOT Sammy. My mom’s kind-of-annoying-dog is named Sammy (I call him Spazzy–sorry Mom), so PLEASE don’t call him Sammy or I might have to change my mind or change the kid’s name.

It’s funny–I never would have imagined this crazy life–living in Japan, being married to this ridiculously good man, having such an international/multi-generational household, having so many kids, and so many of them being BOYS! Wow! What a huge honor and privilege that we get to raise one beautiful little princess and three godly men in this home. I tell Keith all the time that I can’t even imagine how amazing these boys are going to be with the father-figure that he is for them every day. We’re so blessed and full of gratitude to the Lord.

This entry was posted in Blog, Lisa's Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Big Announcement

1. Whitney says:

Love the name!!

2. Sarah Blomgren says:

Congratulations! We will have the same ratio by February. We just already have the three boys! What fun they are! I know your family will have a blast!!!

3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! How amazing…
    You guys are such an inspiration to us. We love reading about your lives and pray for you often!!! We LOVED Japan and loved the Japanese people even more! We know without a doubt that God is using your family in incredible ways there. It’s all about relationships and building them DAILY!!

And now you’re adding another little Warrior to your clan – WOW! Y’all are going to be quite a force to reckon with…
    Keep up with the blog… we love checking up on all of you!

4. Violeta Bana-ag says:

Well! its a nice name. I do see how this boy will be another good looking guy.
    I wish to be there when this boy will come out.
    Well! Claire its nice to be the only princess in the family.

5. Hannah says:

I do have to say that I have a certain fondness for the name Samuel. Congrats!!

6. Teri says:

I was wondering when you were going to post about having a boy. Congrats! Your Mom told us. I thought the same thing you said-that maybe God was giving you a boy so that you’d definitely adopt a Japanese girl.

7. Maria :) says:

Hey Lis!!! Congratulations on the little boy! So we’ll have little boys who are the same age! I love the name Samuel Taylor…we are going to name our little boy Lendon Wallace. (I have issues with nick names too…no Wally or Lenny…we want to nick name him Ace which is the last part of Wallace). Hahhahahaa miss you friend!!!!

xoxo
    Maria

8. Starr says:

You should have never told me that dog story. Because now I will just call the kid Spazzy.

9. Kevin says:

Umm, our son is Taylor Cash.

10. Teri says:

Where’s the ultrasound pics? Please post them.

11. Grandma & Grandpa $ says:

And I just assumed the name came from the “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” author, English Teacher!

12. Mike says:

Congrats on the baby boy!! You should really check out my cousins blog. She lives in Melbourne. She is the mom of 3 boys and one girl as well. http://www.beairds.com .

13. Nadia says:

YIPEEEE!
    Another good name for the Cash Clan.

🙂 n.