I am a busy lady, and I just literally don’t have a lot of time to sit around and read these days. But that nagging insatiable hunger for knowledge is still there, and I have to feed it several times a day. So I’ve had to get creative. Well, not THAT creative, I guess. I just looked around on iTunes. That’s not SO noteworthy, I suppose.
Except that I’ve been feeling the overwhelming need to share some of my favorite podcasts with you all. Maybe some of you might benefit from a few of these! Check them out! And PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITES!!!
1) The Daily Audio Bible Podcast: I actually tried this podcast out a few years ago, but I couldn’t get over the guy’s movie-trailer voice. I’m gonna be honest here–I’ve been trying to get into the habit of reading my Bible DAILY for YEARS now and just kept falling back into the same old slumps. This podcast has been the trick for me. Every morning, when my alarm goes off, I reach over, grab my iPhone and stick my earbuds in and listen for 30 minutes to sections of the OT, NT, Psalms, & Proverbs. I wake up nice and easy and the first thing in my mind every single day is the Word of God. It’s working out great for this busy mom.
2) Karen & Kids Podcast: This is an awesome podcast that we listen to over breakfast every morning, a solid kids’ devotional with great music and very practical teaching. The kids really enjoy it. It’s 15 minutes long and at breakfast time, I’m just not awake enough still to be all deep and spiritual. It’s become a nice routine for us.
3) Classics for Kids Podcast: This is a short, interesting little podcast designed to introduce kids to classical music and its greatest contributors. We listen to these at lunchtime.
4) Librivox Podcasts: Librivox has published dozens of the classics as audiobooks, several of which are childrens’ literature. Several of our read-alouds happen to be available as Librivox recordings, so periodically, I get a break from reading aloud during our World History/Literature segment of homeschooling.
5) ThatMom: There are dozens of homeschooling podcasts out there, but this one is my favorite by far. She’s not all self-righteous and pious about homeschooling, but rather she’s humble and practical and funny. I have shed many a tear over her affirmations and encouragements to my heart.
Okay, so GO AHEAD!! What are YOUR favorite podcasts??